THE 2019 MAD CRAFT EXPERIENCE
With Mad Craft we’ve created an event for breweries & local chefs to have some fun experimenting with beer in friendly competition with other locals, special guests, and folks from around the industry.
Mad Craft will be judged like a science fair for beer, encouraging playful combinations that surprise and delight guests looking for something more than a typical beer festival. A panel of local industry judges will present awards in four beer categories and four culinary categories, and you get to sample all the entries.
Keep checking back to get the most up-to-date, constantly expanding, list of Mad Craft breweries and culinary artists.
THE MAD CRAFT BEER PARTICIPANTS
Experimental beer offerings will be judged in 5 categories:
- Best Beer Blend – A blend of 2+ beers (but no other ingredients)
- Best Beer Cocktail – A cocktail that is 50% beer and non-beer ingredients are used (no liquor)
- Best Specialty Beer – A beer that isn’t distributed outside of a brewery taproom
- Best Beer Experiment – A beer that doesn’t fit nicely into the other 3 categories (expect something crafty and mind-blowing)
- Best Decorated Booth – Get creative and stand out to take home this coveted price
THE MAD CRAFT CULINARY PARTICIPANTS
Culinary participants will compete in 3 different categories:
- Best craft IPA or Pale Ale infused dish – A dish that uses an IPA or Pale Ale as an ingredient with a savory flavor profile
- Best STOUT or PORTER infused dish – A dish that uses a STOUT or PORTER as an ingredient with a savory flavor profile
- Best overall PROTEIN craft beer-infused dish – The main protein event, where Chefs can get creative and blow our minds
- Best overall VEGETABLE craft beer-infused dish – The main veggie event, where Chefs can get creative and blow our minds
Mad Craft will be similar to the Grand Tasting – you’ll have access to at least 20 breweries pouring 30+ different beers or beer creations and 8 chefs/restaurants creating 20+ dishes for you to try, so there will be plenty of beer and food options. The setup will be similar to the main festival in that each brewery will have a tent, along with each chef or restaurant, and you can visit each and sample what they make. All food and all beer is unlimited, so you can have as much as you like (while supplies last).